NNF Pair Student Application
Nebraska Nanoscale Facility Professor/Student Pair Project
For more information please contact:
Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience
855 N 16th Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0298
The Nebraska Nanoscale Facility (NNF) at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a member of the NSF-funded National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI) which includes 16 major research centers in nanomaterials throughout the US. NNF provides researchers from academia, government, and industry access to facilities with leading-edge instrumentation which enables innovations, discoveries, and contributions to education and commerce.
This summer NNF is offering 2019 Professor/Student Pair summer project opportunities in Lincoln, Nebraska. We are looking for faculty/student pairs from regional four-year colleges to participate in summer projects working with NNF faculty and equipment in a nanoscale science laboratory on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus (http://nanoscale.unl.edu/facilities).
If you are interested, please:
- Complete the fill in form below.
- Attach your CV/resume.
- Attach your transcript.
Application Due: February 15, 2019
Start Date: June 3, 2019
- Competitive stipend: $4,500 for 10 weeks
- Double-occupancy room and meal plan
- Travel expenses to and from Lincoln
- Campus parking and/or bus pass
- Full access to the Campus Recreation Center and campus library system
- Wireless internet access
Participation in the Nebraska Nanoscale Facility Summer Research Program is limited to students who meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current undergraduate with at least one semester of coursework remaining before obtaining a bachelor's degree
- Department seminars and presentations
- Professional development workshops (e.g., applying to graduate school, taking the GRE)
- Welcome picnic
- Day trip to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
- Outdoor adventures
- Research symposium – A final Poster presentation about your project in August